Beeswax is recommended by ayurvedic doctors and naturopaths for psoriasis (Read Ayurvedic remedy for Psoriasis ) and dry skin (Read Ayurvedic remedy for Dry Skin ). Beeswax (Cera elba or Cera flava) which is also referred to as “Madhuchista” (means the spit of bees) in Sanskrit can be described as a natural wax from genus Apis family of honey bees. This unique wax formed a scale-like structure of eight layers glands or hexagonal shape in the worker bees’ abdomen segments to discard in the hive.
Archive of ‘Dry Skin’ category
Over the years now, castor oil has been widely used in various preparations of medicinal concoctions in the Ayurvedic treatments of many health conditions such as arthritis, cerebral palsy, rheumatism, skin diseases, gastrointestinal disorders, multiple sclerosis, and much more. Castor oil is broadly extracted from seeds of Ricinus Communis plant. The plant is known as Haralenne and Arandi in Kannada and Hindi respectively.
Castor oil is equipped with essential medicinal properties to offer many health benefits. Ayurvedic texts recommend this oil to be used both internally and externally. However, care must be taken when used orally and it is advised to be used under a close supervision of experienced Ayurvedic doctors.
Ayurvedic Remedy for Dry Skin
Causes of Dry Skin
The skin loses its capacity to retain moisture, as we grow old. The extreme climatic conditions to which we get exposed, as we grow old worsen the condition and skin becomes more dry.
Dry Skin Care
- Avoid stale, over fried, dry food.
- Always consume fresh warm food with little fat like ghee or olive oil.
- Include sour and salty food in diet.
- Sweet juicy fruits are recommended.
- Drink 7-9 glasses of warm water everyday. (Do not drink cold water as it increases vata)
- Massage the whole body with herbal oil, which contains VATA balancing herbal ingredients before taking a bath.
- Drink the herbal tea, which contains vata-balancing ingredients with a squeeze of lemon early in the morning, in empty stomach.
- Liberally Apply moisturising lotion on body skin daily. This naturally supplies the moisture needed for dry skin .
- Sleep for 8 hrs a day. (Preferably from 9 PM to 5 AM).
- Avoid alcohol-based cleansers.