Amla which is also referred to as Amalaki is popularly recognized as Indian gooseberry. Being a transient tree, Amla grows to about 5 meters height. The back of Amla is usually characterized by light brown colour. Its leaves are closely patterned with beautiful shape, sized 3mm wide and 10mm long to give a feathery image.
Another feature of Amla is its pale green flowers which are usually clustered together in 6 to 10 to bring out pleasant looks. The fruits of Amla which weigh about 6 to 8 gms are depressed at poles, fleshy and characterized by globe shape.
Ayurveda has found Amla’s fruits useful in its preparation over the times. The fruit of Amla is lauded as DHATRI which in Ayurveda, mean “god of health.” Below are the Amla’s Ayurvedic medicinal properties:
Ayurvedic Medicinal Properties of Amla
- Impacts on Tridoshas: Amla is studied to relieve tridoshas and particularly regularizes Pitta. These properties have made Amla a remedy for diseases which ensue from Pitta worsening.
- Impacts on skin: The Amla fruit juice lessens skin inflammation of scalp and enhances the hair follicles. It also boosts skin immune and assists to prevent pimples, acnes and other related skin diseases.
- Impacts on eyes: The fruits of Amla help to keep eyes healthy by minimizing eye burning sensation to aid clear vision.
- Impacts on the nervous system: Based on Ayurveda record, Amla improves memory power and enhances the nervous system. It helps the alertness of the sense organs.
- Impacts on digestive system: It helps digestive system in reducing acidity and revitalizes liver. Amla alleviates constipation when consumed in excess.
- Impacts on circulatory system: It helps in blood deficiency as in anaemia to function as a cardiac tonic.
- Impacts on respiratory system: Amla minimizes Kapha by clearing respiratory system.
- Impacts on reproductive system: Amla is a good sperm count and motility booster and as well performs as an aphrodisiac. It has been found to revitalize male reproductive system.
Impacts on urinary system: Amla assists the bladder to calm its inner layers and aid in minimizing the frequency of urination thereby supports functions of the urinary system.
Home remedies Using Amla
Below are the home remedies benefits using Amla:
- The juice of Amla mixed with water is studied to regulate body temperature during both summers and in the case of fever illness.
- Amla is efficient in expelling the toxins in the body. Any form of Amla such as juice, power or raw fruits consumed assists to detoxify the body, enhances body immunity, and hinder aging process.
- Amla juice helps in minimizing pores and wrinkles; thereby keeping the skin healthy as well as making the skin glowing and fair. Wash your face with 3 teaspoons of undiluted water of Amla to make your skin healthy.
- Amla berries help regulate metabolism; thereby inhibits fat accumulation in the body. Thus these berries help in weight loss (Click here Ayurvedic Weight Loss Remedy)
- Daily taking of Amla fruit or juice helps revitalize liver, lower acidity, and reduce issues ensue from Pitta. Amla has been researched to lower blood sugar level. Regular consumption of a mixture of 3 teaspoons of Amla juice and clean water has been studied to perform this magic; to be taken about 4 to 5 times daily.
- Another usefulness of Amla is found in hair health improvement. Its preparation involves boiling of Amla water with pure coconut oil, apply it at night to the hair scalp and wash the application off next morning. Also, Amla water can be used by the persons with oily hair. Add teaspoons of each of Amla water, lemon juice, and water to prepare your hair wash water.
- In Ayurveda, Amla is popularly recognized as “vrishya” which means aphrodisiac. ( Click here for Vajimix A male aphrodisiac Powder For Men). It aids in revitalizing male reproductive system and boosts women fertility.
Preparation of Amla Water and Powder
Amla water: Amla water is utilized in place of fresh amla fruit juice, and it is prepared by following these steps. Wash 3 pieces of dry amla fruits and soak them in clean water over night to extract the medicinal water. By next day, squeeze and smash the soaked fruits and filter the water. Collect this juice in a jar and freeze it in the refrigerator. Add clean water to the concentrated juice accordingly and drink.
Amla powder: Grind dry amla fruits into powder and add hing and rock salt to taste. Use the powdery mixture with hot cooked rice with 1 teaspoon of ghee. This has been found to help aid digestion and reduces acidity in the stomach.
BUY AYURVEDIC WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS WITH AMLA
|Ayurvedic Weight Loss remedy TRIMFIT||NILOBESE Ayurvedic Weight Loss Capsules|
|NILOBESE Ayurvedic WEIGHT LOSS TEA||TRIPHALA TABLETS FOR WEIGHT LOSS|