Haritaki has a botanical name “Terminalia Chebula” and also referred to as Pathya. It is the fruit grown on a transient tree to the height of 30m. It has dull yellow or white colour flowers. The fruit has five longitudinal ridges to a length of about 2 – 4 centimeters.
The medicinal properties of this fruit have been applauded by Ayurveda Acharyas with the creation of different names. However, it is popularly known as Haritaki due to its effectiveness in defeating numerous diseases. The fruit is a remedy to many diseases with its proven results over the times.
There are different types of Haritaki growing in various regions. Let’s quickly look at these types of Haritaki.
Types of Haritaki and their Uses
Haritaki is a universal tree of different types with their medicinal properties based on the place of growth. Below are the various types of Haritaki based on their places of growth as acknowledged by Ayurveda:
- Poothana: This type of Haritaki is found in Sindh region and it employed in skin packs Colling because of its unique medicinal properties.
- Jeevanthi: Jeevanthi is another type of Terminalia Chebula grown in Sourashtra and its equipped medicinal properties are effective for almost all diseases treatment.
- Vijaya: It contains many medicinal properties help to treat numerous diseases. Vijaya is found in Vindhya
- Amrita: This type of Haritaki grows Champa region forest and it is used to detoxify the body due its medicinal ability to remove toxins from the body.
- Chetaki: Chetaki medicinal properties find its use in treating constipation and it grows in Himachal.
- Rohini: It helps in treating wounds or bruises and it is found in Vindhya
- Abhaya: This is another type of Haritaki found in Champa region forest. Its medicine properties are useful as remedy for eye diseases.
Ayurvedic Qualities of Haritaki
According to Ayurveda principles, the Haritaki pharmacological properties are classified below:
- Haritaki is light and easy to digest (laghu); thereby has the ability to dry up the tissues (rooksha).
- The fruit has a sweet taste (madhura) as well as bitter taste (tikta rasa), sour (amla rara), and hot (katu rasa). The fruit is usually hot in potency.
- However, it lacks salt to taste (lavana rasa) and the sweet taste is predominant after digestion.
Ayurvedic Medicinal properties of Haritaki
In texts of Ayurveda the medicinal properties of Haritaki have been explained as follows
- Haritaki with its hot potency accelerates wound healing
- It reduces incidences of constipation and eases the bowel movement
- This fruit helps to pacify all three doshas and normalises them
- Its consumption helps to improve digestion and cures indigestion.
- Preparations made from Haritaki act as excellent fat burner and help to reduce body weight (click here to for Ayurvedic Weight Loss Remedy ).
- Haritaki helps to reduce skin diseases like psoriasis ( click here for ayurvedic psoriasis remedy ) , eczema, allergic rashes, herpes etc.
- Regular use of this fruit improves the health of eyes.
How to Select Best Haritaki
Selecting the best Haritaki fruit is easy and straightforward. The fruit is usually fleshy, round, fresh, firm and often sink to the bottom when dropped in water and only need to be picked and use for your medicinal purposes. It usually weighs not less than 20 grams if in good condition.
Who should not use Haritaki
Haritaki is not recommended for persons having issues of low body weight, weakness, and people suffering from any forms of depression. Pregnant women and ladies are not also advised to take this fruits. If you are fasting or thirsty or having a sort of acute fever, you are not to consume this fruit.
Haritaki fruit is naturally blessed with medicinal properties that are useful and effective to treat many diseases. The varieties of the fruits at different regions make the fruit unique and more popular. However, Ayurdeva has clearly stated who should not eat or use this fruit and this warning should be adhered to.
BUY AYURVEDIC WEIGHT LOSS SUPPLEMENTS WITH HARITAKI
|Ayurvedic Weight Loss remedy TRIMFIT||NILOBESE Ayurvedic Weight Loss Capsules|
|NILOBESE Ayurvedic WEIGHT LOSS TEA||TRIPHALA TABLETS FOR WEIGHT LOSS|