Vidarikanda (as it is referred to in Sanskrit) or Puerariatuberosa is also known as Indian Kudzu and is a perennial woody climber belonging to Fabaceae family.
It is characterized by robust tuberous roots with the full height of 5 to 6 meter when maturely grown up. It has white flowers with a shadow of pink.
Puerariatuberosa is commonly grown in India, Pakistan, and Nepal. It consists of many medicinal properties that are useful in the Ayurveda medicinal system. Most importantly are the Puerariatuberosa’s roots, which are used for many medicinal benefits. The roots of Vidarikanda are equipped with sterols, amino acids, sugars, and steroids. The plant has been researched to contain antimicrobial properties.
Ayurveda stated clearly in its texts that Vidarikanda improves tissues moisture level and dampness of secretions. It was also claimed that Vidarikanda is heavy to digest and it is characterized by sweet taste which persists throughout the digestion stages. Its cooling properties help lessen Vata and Pitta.
Medicinal Properties of Vidarikanda
Vidaarikanda contains numerous medicinal properties that are useful in treating skin diseases, male reproductive system, constipation, muscle enhancement, and much more. Highlighted below are the medicinal properties of Vidaarikanda and their corresponding benefits:
- Vidaarikanda helps revitalize the male reproductive system and boosts semen quality and quantity and as well as assists in increasing sperm motility and sperm count.
- Vidaarikanda roots are effective in alleviating constipation by minimizing body dryness and make bowel movement free.
- Regular use of this herb revitalizes skin and boosts skin glowing and fairness. Due to this quality, Vidaarikanda is popularly employed in skin diseases resulted from discolouration.
- It functions as an aphrodisiac properties and widely known as vrishya in texts of Ayurveda. This herb is utilized in the preparation of vajikarana Therapy
- It rejuvenates full body and improves muscle bulk. This herb boosts body energy
- Vidarikanda is a good medicine for nursing mothers due to its galactagogue affinity.
- Due to its medicinal properties, it functions as Rasayana to decelerate the aging process by boosting body immunity and strengthening the overall body.
- This herb claims to normalize Vata and Kapha, and these properties help increase shukradhatu. This shukradhatu is studied to be helpful in improving libido ( Click here for Increase Libido ayurvedic Combo), strong erections ( Click here for Increase Erection ayurvedic combo), and sexual power.
- Ayurvedic diuretic preparations use Vidarikanda as an ingredient because of its diuretic properties
The roots of Vidarikanda are most important part of this plant used to make different types of herbs to treat and increase one health condition or the others in Ayurveda medicine. However, when preparing this herb, ensure you follow the necessary hygienic procedure such as washing and other related processes. It is advisable to keep this herb in continuity for continuous medicinal benefits of the plant.