Ayurvedic Remedy for Dry Skin
Causes of Dry Skin
The skin loses its capacity to retain moisture, as we grow old. The extreme climatic conditions to which we get exposed, as we grow old worsen the condition and skin becomes more dry.
Dry Skin Care
- Avoid stale, over fried, dry food.
- Always consume fresh warm food with little fat like ghee or olive oil.
- Include sour and salty food in diet.
- Sweet juicy fruits are recommended.
- Drink 7-9 glasses of warm water everyday. (Do not drink cold water as it increases vata)
- Massage the whole body with herbal oil, which contains VATA balancing herbal ingredients before taking a bath.
- Drink the herbal tea, which contains vata-balancing ingredients with a squeeze of lemon early in the morning, in empty stomach.
- Liberally Apply moisturising lotion on body skin daily. This naturally supplies the moisture needed for dry skin .
- Sleep for 8 hrs a day. (Preferably from 9 PM to 5 AM).
- Avoid alcohol-based cleansers.